About

This blog is a celebration of novel, novel characters!

I love reading novels, and as an artist I know a great exercise to stretch one's illustration skills is to portray characters from a description in a book. This blog is a challenge to myself to do just that so I'll be posting illustrations from whatever book I'm currently reading. Feel free to add comments and send me your fan art for these great titles too!

Monday, March 24, 2014

A Romp Through 1893: The Invitation


It’s Monday!  Mondays are hard and we all need something fun to get the week going so on this Monday I thought I’d share something special with you.


Last year you may remember me posting some random teasers about a project I worked on for Deeanne Gist.  Deeanne had a wonderful idea that screamed to be made a reality.  She wrote, we plotted, we schemed, we consulted, I drew, and drew, and drew, and then her son added the music!  The result is now online for you to view on youtube  and the mobile site here: Romp1893.com


The Invitation is an original story Deeanne wrote using her main characters Cullen & Della from “It Happened at the Fair.”  As you follow along through the adventure you get to choose what Cullen should do next!  Will he or won’t he make it in time?


In the coming weeks I’ll share about the making of it, but for now please watch, enjoy, and if you liked it please “like” it on youtube and share it with your friends!



Thank you,

-Monica

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's wonderful! So cute!

    I bet that did take you a long time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Monica this is so awesome!!!! I so have to read the book after watching this!

    ReplyDelete