About

This blog is a celebration of novel, novel characters!

I love reading novels, and as an artist I know a great exercise to stretch one's illustration skills is to portray characters from a description in a book. This blog is a challenge to myself to do just that so I'll be posting illustrations from whatever book I'm currently reading. Feel free to add comments and send me your fan art for these great titles too!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Reading & Illustrating update

Ack!  I went too long without posting again.  Sorry about that!  I, of course, have various excuses, but I won't bore you with them.  On to the fun stuff!

A new children's book I worked on is now out!  The book was written by a friend and illustrated by me!  It will also soon be available in print.  If you're interested, checkout the kindle version on amazon:


I've recently finished reading the following books & will post on them as soon as I finish some pretty art to go along with the reviews.


Redneck Debutante & Cowgirl Down by Jenny Hammerle
The Rebels of Cordovia by Linda Weaver Clarke
Swept to Sea by Heather Manning

Currently, I'm reading Wounded Tiger by Martin T Bennett & Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg, what are you reading?

I'm finding it is so hard to keep up with reading all the books I want to!  Since I've started this blog my to-be-read stack has grown exponentially.  It's a happy quandary.

I hope everyone had a Happy & Blessed Mother's Day!

-Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment